Application Deadline: May 16, 2021
Calling all Nigerian youth! Entries are invited for the UNDP SDG ‘Hack4theNewEconomy’ Challenge. It is a virtual hackathon designed to mobilise youth and innovators from across the geo-political zones in Nigeria aged 18 – 35 to create digital solutions to hack the problems around the 17 SDGs.
In collaboration with Impact Hub Lagos, UNDP seeks to implement Nigeria specific inventions and solutions that fill the important gaps when trying to understand the social, economic, political and cultural factors affecting actionable change in people’s lives.
Under the United Nations Development Programmes (UNDP), Impact Hub Lagos is hosting a hackathon on 24th of May tagged The 2021 Virtual UNDP SDG Hackathon. The 2021 Virtual UNDP SDG Hackathon provides a collaborative ideation space for the Nigerian youth to trigger fresh strategic thinking and prototype new ideas that can transform into tangible action to advance the SDGs.
- 1st Prize – N250,000
- 2nd Prize – N150,000
- 3rd Prize – N100,000
- Access to an unorthodox, dynamic, and diverse platform of innovators– Tap into a conducive online space to converge around practical SDG solutions.
- A much-needed opportunity to visualise and implement the SDGs at the grassroots level – Participate in the making of our future and jumpstart your involvement in the Agenda 2030 as an active, passionate global citizen.
- Immense networking potential – Build connections and be part of a community of practice around eco-systemic, collaborative solutions.
- A space to exercise your global citizenship muscle – Sharpen and hone your skills in leadership, innovative thinking, analytic thinking, interpersonal communication, intercultural collaboration, and allied areas.
- Sourcing diversity of thought, background, and sector – Collaborate with people from a plethora of domains, be it engineering, design, civic policy, social justice reform, project management, finance, education, and many others.
- Open to Nigerians from across the six Geopolitical zones
- Participants must be aged 18 – 36 years
- All interested participants can apply, regardless of any prior experience or background.
For more information, visit UNDP SDG Challenge.